For the second year in a row, five driven, passionate, and intelligent high school seniors were each awarded $5,000 scholarships as part of the Moe123 Scholarship Fund’s annual banquet, held in Minnesota last week. ERC is very proud to share the same ideals about education and personal growth with Moe123, and support their organization.
The five students — two from Osseo, two from Maple Grove, and one from Park Center — represent the best and brightest the state has to offer and showcases the spirit and determination that ERC shares with them. Together, ERC and the students embody the spirit of Mostafa, for whom the charity is named after.
Moe123 is a charity that provides scholarships to passionate students who want to make the world a better place through the pursuit of education.
ERC congratulates the 2020 winners:
- Lucy Espinoza – Lucy started a club called the “Latino Circle” to help make a positive impact on her peer’s lives. She aspires to be an Immigration Lawyer.
- Emily Ellis – Emily works more than 25 hours per week and has maintained a 4.0 weighted GPA. She will also be graduating high school with 30 college credits. She aspires to be a social worker.
- Madison Stoltzman – Madison, who wants to be a biomedical engineer, uses her personal background as a first-generation Chinese-American as motivation to improve her life and others around her.
- Lauren Seeger – Lauren volunteers in Project Pass It Down, where mentors share knowledge and inspiration to be carried on to the mentees. Madison will be attending the Barnard College of Columbia to become an Attorney. She aspires to be a Supreme Court Justice.
- Sahana Vandahar – Sahana started her interests out of spite by recognizing the socioeconomic diversity within District 279. She will be attending Northwestern as a STEM Major.
“ERC is so proud to support Moe123 and be a part of this amazing event,” said Marty Sarim, ERC’s Chief Executive Officer. “This year’s winners represent everything that is great about the youth of today and we’re excited to see how they are going to change the world.”
More information about the Moe123 Scholarship Fund is available here: https://www.moe123sf.org/